This snack mix doesn't need too much of an introduction -- it should come with a warning though: it is seriously addicting. Something about the combination of sweet, salty, and crunchy makes this a snack mix that will satisfy and keep you coming back for more!
This recipe can be made with lots of substitutions or alterations: use any nut if you don't have cashews, or use maple syrup instead of honey.
- 1 ½ cup of cashews
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey*
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon of seaweed flakes
* Measure the olive oil first so it coats the measuring spoon and prevents the honey from sticking. Warming the honey will make it easier to measure and mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cashews, sesame seeds, honey, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, turmeric, red pepper flakes, and salt
- Use a spatula to mix together, then spread onto the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway to prevent burning
- When the nuts are done, immediately sprinkle the seaweed flakes on top
- Allow to fully cool for 10 minutes before adding to a bowl