Living in California, fresh salads are a staple in our daily diet. We love to use seaweed in our salad dressing to replace salt, add minerals, and add a depth of flavor. Here's two of our favorite takes on a seaweed vinaigrette.
NORI VINAIGRETTE, VERSION ONE:
Adapted from Superfood Seagreens by Barton Seaver.
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 Tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves only
- 2 teaspoons dried nori flakes
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients and whisk to incorporate. Let sit 10 minutes before using.
NORI VINAIGRETTE, VERSION TWO
Adapted from Bon Appetit
- 2 Tablespoons nori, toasted and flaked
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablesppon mirin
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 oz. tender lettuces (such as Bibb or Butter Lettuce)
Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Toss lettuces and dressing in a large bowl to coat. Enjoy!